- Study in the warning signs within a developmental and social context that relate to violence and other troubling behaviors in children;
- Review the statutes, regulations and policies relating to a safe nonviolent school climate. This will minimally include the 2000 SAVE Legislation and 2010 Dignity for All Students Act;
- Describe effective classroom management techniques and other academic supports that promote a nonviolent school climate and enhance learning;
- Explore the integration of social and problem solving skill development for students within the regular curriculum;
- Explain intervention techniques designed to address a school violence situation; and,
- Describe how to participate in an effective school/community referral process for students exhibiting violent behavior.
- Define, identify, intervene and end bullying in all its forms, including cyberbullying. Identify ways for all stakeholders to become active school community members who share responsibility for school culture and climate and are proactive in promoting civility, acceptance and good citizenship.
THE COURSE MUST BE COMPLETED WITHIN SIX (6) WEEKS OF PAYMENT AND REGISTRATION. IF THE COURSE IS NOT COMPLETED WITHIN SIX (6) WEEKS OF PAYMENT AND REGISTRATION, THE COURSE WILL BE DEREGISTERED AND ALL COURSE PROGRESS WILL BE FORFEITED. RE-REGISTRATION FOR THE COURSE WILL REQUIRE A NEW, SEPARATE PAYMENT.
PAYMENT IS REQUIRED IN FULL PRIOR TO TAKING THE COURSE. IF CHARGES ARE REVERSED OR PAYMENT IS NOT RECEIVED, YOUR COURSE PROGRESS WILL BE DELETED AND YOUR CERTIFICATE WILL BE RENDERED INVALID.
Under no circumstance will the names on certificates be substituted by our staff.
Online course participants must have access to the Internet, a device with audio and video capabilities (computer, smartphone, tablet, etc.), a printer, and an email address.
No refunds will be issued after 1 hour from registration and payment.
RECHECK all forms for accuracy. It is the responsibility of each course participant to enter their correct information into the system for their certificate and reporting.
- Each Course Participant is responsible for providing their correct information (first name, last name, address, social security, and date of birth).
- Upon successfully completing the course, the Participant will be issued a Certificate of Completion immediately online, and course information will be sent electronically to the NYS Office of Teaching Initiatives.
- REQUESTED REFUNDS are subject to a $3 refund fee.