We do not sell or rent personally identifiable information collected during your use of our website.
2. The Information We Collect
We obtain information from you via our interactions with you and through our website. Some of this information is given to us directly by you, while other information is collected by observing your interactions, usage, and experiences on our website. The information we gather is contingent upon your interactions with us, the choices you make, your privacy settings, and the services and features you utilize. Additionally, we receive data about you from third parties.
You have options in terms of the technology you employ and the data you share. If we request personal information from you, you have the right to refuse. To provide you with certain services, we require some personal information. If you decide not to provide the necessary data for a service or specific feature, you will be unable to use that service or feature. Moreover, if you do not provide certain information, we may not be able to report your continuing education credit accurately to the appropriate accrediting bodies. When providing data is optional, and you choose not to share personal information, features that rely on such data, like personalization, will not function for you.
- Information you supply to us: This refers to personal details about you that you share with us directly during your interactions with us. You might provide this information by completing a form on our website, or by communicating with us via phone or email. This includes information needed to register or pay for a course, to finalize your profile, or to place an order for other services we offer. It also encompasses information shared when you engage in a discussion board, submit a question, or provide feedback or report an issue on our website. When you create an account for our learning management system, we require you to submit certain information, including your first name, last name, and email address.
- Information collected from your use of our website: Each time you visit our website, whether as a registered user or not, we automatically gather information about you. This includes technical data, details about your visit, and information about your activities on our website, such as courses searched for and viewed, page response times, download errors, duration of visits to specific pages, page interaction data (e.g., scrolling, clicks, and mouseovers), methods for navigating to and from pages, and ways to contact our sales and support teams. Technical information might also include the internet protocol (IP) address connecting your device to the internet, unique device identifiers, your login credentials, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating systems, and device platform.
- Information obtained from other sources: We receive data about you from third parties with whom we collaborate closely to offer, promote, and enhance our services. These third parties comprise business partners, vendors who support technical and payment services, advertising networks, analytics providers, and search information providers.
3. The Way We Use Information
- Delivering Services: Your personal information facilitates the provision of services through our website in accordance with agreements between you and us. This encompasses course access, account administration, billing, and updates on services or accounts.
- Enhancing Services and Features: Data is used to refine our website with fresh content, features, and functionalities.
- User Experience Customization: Data is harnessed to personalize user experiences based on past interactions with our website.
- Account Setup and Management: Device, network, and subscription identifiers are employed to establish and maintain user accounts.
- Customer Support: Your personal data assists us in addressing support requests, including password resets and troubleshooting.
- Communication: Your personal data facilitates communication regarding your account and website utilization.
- Operational and Analytical Purposes: Personal data supports legitimate interests like website administration, internal operations, troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical surveys, and performance evaluation. This data aids in gauging content effectiveness and user experiences, and analyzing trends, user movements, and demographic details to improve our website and offer personalized recommendations.
- Legal Adherence: Personal data is processed to abide by applicable laws.
- Accrediting Body Reporting: Your personal data is utilized to report your achievements and progress to accrediting entities as necessary. This allows customers to successfully fulfill their continuing education requirements and uphold professional credentials. We emphasize information security and confidentiality during this process, complying with industry standards and relevant regulations.
4. Third-Party Websites
We and/or our third-party service providers employ reasonable security methods designed to prevent unauthorized access, maintain data accuracy, and ensure correct use of information.
To use some of our services, you may be required to set up a password-protected account or profile on our website. We recommend that you do not divulge your password to anyone. It is your responsibility to keep your password protected. Our personnel will never ask you for your password in an unsolicited phone call or in an unsolicited email. Remember to sign out of your account, close your browser window, and delete your temporary internet files when you have finished your session. This helps ensure that others cannot access your personal information and correspondence if you share a computer with someone else or are using a computer in a public place where others may have access to it.
We are dedicated to ensuring the security of your personal data. We employ a range of security controls and procedures designed to protect your personal data from unauthorized access, use, or disclosure. We continuously evaluate and update these measures to stay current with industry standards and protect your information effectively.
6. Cookies and Other Tracking Mechanisms
We may also collect data about your use of our website through the use of internet server logs, cookies, and/or other tracking technologies. A web server log is a file where website activity is stored. A cookie is a small text file that is placed on your computer when you visit a website that enables us to: (a) recognize your computer; (b) store your preferences and settings; (c) understand the web pages of our website you have visited; (d) perform searches and analytics; and (e) assist with security administrative functions. We also may include web beacons in email messages, newsletters, and other electronic communications to determine whether the message has been opened and for other analytics, personalization, and advertising. As we adopt additional technologies, we may also gather additional information through other methods.
Please note that you can change your settings to notify you when a cookie is being set or updated, or to block cookies altogether. Please consult the “Help” section of your browser for more information (e.g., Internet Explorer; Microsoft Edge; Google Chrome; Mozilla Firefox; or Apple Safari).
7. Children Under 13
We do not intentionally collect information from individuals under the age of 13. Our website is not directed to individuals under the age of 13 and we request that these individuals not provide personal information through our website. If a minor child has provided us with personally identifiable information without parental or guardian consent, the parent or guardian should contact us to remove the information and opt out of other applicable services.
8. Changes to Our Policy
9. Your Consent
Last updated: October 15, 2023.