This course satisfies the training in school violence prevention and intervention in accordance with section 3004 of the Education Law in New York State.
An online post-test is included at the end of the course, and is required to successfully complete the course. At least 14/20 questions correct is required to pass the post-test. You have two attempts to successfully complete the post-test. If both attempts are unsuccessful, you will have to pay again and retake the course.
- Study in the warning signs within a developmental and social context that relate to violence and other troubling behaviors in children;
- Review the statutes, regulations and policies relating to a safe nonviolent school climate. This will minimally include the 2000 SAVE Legislation and 2010 Dignity for All Students Act;
- Describe effective classroom management techniques and other academic supports that promote a nonviolent school climate and enhance learning;
- Explore the integration of social and problem solving skill development for students within the regular curriculum;
- Explain intervention techniques designed to address a school violence situation; and,
- Describe how to participate in an effective school/community referral process for students exhibiting violent behavior.
- Define, identify, intervene and end bullying in all its forms, including cyberbullying. Identify ways for all stakeholders to become active school community members who share responsibility for school culture and climate and are proactive in promoting civility, acceptance and good citizenship.
THE COURSE MUST BE COMPLETED WITHIN SIX (6) WEEKS OF PAYMENT AND REGISTRATION. IF THE COURSE IS NOT COMPLETED WITHIN SIX (6) WEEKS OF PAYMENT AND REGISTRATION, THE COURSE WILL BE DEREGISTERED AND ALL COURSE PROGRESS WILL BE FORFEITED. RE-REGISTRATION FOR THE COURSE WILL REQUIRE A NEW, SEPARATE PAYMENT. PAYMENT IS EQUIVALENT TO YOUR SIGNATURE ON THE ENROLLMENT AGREEMENT.
PAYMENT IS REQUIRED IN FULL PRIOR TO TAKING THE COURSE. IF CHARGES ARE REVERSED OR PAYMENT IS NOT RECEIVED, YOUR COURSE PROGRESS WILL BE DELETED AND YOUR CERTIFICATE WILL BE RENDERED INVALID.
The course certificate is generated with the name of the person who purchases this course. Under no circumstance will the names on certificates be substituted by our staff. No substitutions or refunds are available once the course is in progress.
Online course participants must have access to the Internet, a device with audio and video capabilities (computer, smartphone, tablet, etc.), a printer, and an email address.
No refunds will be issued after 1 hour and 48 minutes from registration and payment.
Payment on behalf of another party is no longer accepted. Debit and credit cards are acceptable forms of payment and must be in the student or course participant’s name.
RECHECK all forms for accuracy. It is the responsibility of each course participant to enter their correct information into the system for their certificate and reporting.
- Each Course Participant is responsible for providing their correct information (name, address, social security, and date of birth).
- If the Participant selects to have their School Violence Prevention training reported to the NYS Education Department, the Participant’s information will be electronically sent to NYSED within 7-14 days of completing this course.
- Once the Participant’s information is electronically sent to NYSED, it will be uploaded to the Participant’s TEACH account.
- Keep the PDF copy of the Certificate of Completion for your records.