The objective of this training initiative is to provide every New York State mandated reporter with the knowledge and skills to be able to:
• Effectively report child abuse or maltreatment/neglect to the NYS Child Abuse and Maltreatment Register.
• Evaluate situations to determine whether there is reasonable cause to suspect child abuse or maltreatment.
• Identify the physical and behavioral indicators commonly associated with child abuse.
An online post-test is included at the end of the course, and is required to successfully complete the course. At least 7/10 questions correct is required to pass the post-test. You have two attempts to successfully complete the post-test. If both attempts are unsuccessful, you will have to pay again and retake the course.
In New York State, specific professionals are “mandated” by law to report cases of suspected child abuse and maltreatment. This online course will teach participants to report any suspected child abuse or maltreatment. Participants will fulfill requirement mandated in the New York State Education Department Education Law Title VIII Article 130 Sub article 2 §6507 Administration by the Education Department Paragraph 3 (a). This course is approved by the New York State Office of Children and Family services (OCFS).
BY REGISTERING AND PAYING FOR THE COURSE (“NYS Mandated Child Abuse”) YOU (“Course Participant”) ACKNOWLEDGE THAT YOU HAVE READ AND UNDERSTOOD THE ENROLLMENT AGREEMENT ABOVE, PRIOR TO PAYMENT AND REGISTRATION. THE COURSE MUST BE COMPLETED WITHIN SIX (6) WEEKS OF PAYMENT AND REGISTRATION. IF THE COURSE IS NOT COMPLETED WITHIN SIX (6) WEEKS OF PAYMENT AND REGISTRATION, THE COURSE WILL BE DEREGISTERED AND ALL COURSE PROGRESS WILL BE FORFEITED. RE-REGISTRATION FOR THE COURSE WILL REQUIRE A NEW, SEPARATE PAYMENT. PAYMENT IS EQUIVALENT TO YOUR SIGNATURE ON THE ENROLLMENT AGREEMENT.
PAYMENT IS REQUIRED IN FULL PRIOR TO TAKING THE COURSE. IF CHARGES ARE REVERSED OR PAYMENT IS NOT RECEIVED, YOUR COURSE PROGRESS WILL BE DELETED AND YOUR CERTIFICATE WILL BE RENDERED INVALID.
The course certificate is generated with the name of the person who purchases this course. Under no circumstance will the names on certificates be substituted by our staff. No substitutions or refunds are available once the course is in progress.
Online course participants must have access to the Internet, a device with audio and video capabilities (computer, smartphone, tablet, etc.), a printer, and an email address.
No refunds will be issued after 1 hour and 12 minutes from registration and payment.
Payment on behalf of another party is no longer accepted. Debit and credit cards are acceptable forms of payment and must be in the student or course participant’s name.
RECHECK all forms for accuracy. It is the responsibility of each course participant to enter their correct information into the system for their certificate and reporting.
- Each Course Participant is responsible for providing their correct information (name, address, social security, and date of birth).
- If the Participant selects to have their Child Abuse training reported to the NYS Education Department, the Participant’s information will be electronically sent to NYSED within 7-14 days of completing this course.
- Once the Participant’s information is electronically sent to NYSED, it will be uploaded to the Participant’s TEACH account.
- Keep the PDF copy of the Certificate of Completion for your records.